Tabs

4.8.11

there is something wrong with me......

I seriously cannot go anywhere and just get there without getting lost at least twice!!! I go to Jeff's Shed (Melbourne Exhibition Centre) at least three times a year and you would think I could get there unscathed......... NOPE! I did at least 3 circuits of the city and finally came to the underground car park and in sheer frustration and relief I turned in and parked there!! I got there about 10 to 1 I think and after a quick go around and a look at the quilts I left there at 2.15ish and was charged $24!!!! what a rip off!!! that is just about as bad as the airport parking (don't get me started on that rort!)
anyway I bought a few goodies and really resisted the gorgeous fabric which was
OH SO GORGEOUS....... I am so proud of myself!!  I need to finish the projects I have started and then I will allow myself to buy.......

This quilt was Best In Show and I haven't done it justice with the photo (taken on my iphone) cant believe I went somewhere without my camera......
This is absolutely stunning and took my breath away! It won a heap of awards and rightly so! The work in it was amazing.....

This log cabin was brilliant.  I am scared of log cabin..... nah I don't really have the patience and the current quilt I am working on requires LC for my border but noooooo I have  modified and just having two large borders. 
You cannot believe how SMALL this is! I was suitably impressed!

 A close up and just to let you know the red square in the middle is smaller than a 5c piece!

This quilt was equally stunning and so very unusual in that it wasn't a conventional quilt shape!  I just loved it.  Again my photography doesn't do it justice but the dress just keeps on going and the work involved would have taken simply ages to complete.
a close up



and another one that caught my eye! My next quilt...(after I finish all my UFO's) will be something with circles. I know that doesn't look like circles but if you look closely it has a rounded shape.

I thoroughly enjoyed looking and dreaming...
then I had to go home and yes...you guessed it GOT LOST! I was doing so well and then in the wrong lane and ended up doing the city circuit and going home along the Westgate!!!!  what a loser!!!

thanks for visiting! x

2 comments:

alethea said...

I'm driving to paperific so we can can go straight there rather than taking a scenic route...LOL! Those quilts are gorgeous!! Hugs xx

Sue said...

mental note, never go driving anywhere with you- too funny!! loving the quilt share, there are so many talented people out there!! :)