Tabs

10.7.18

Scrapbook Boutique's July Inspiration Challenge and Blog Hop

Hello and welcome back to our July Inspiration Challenge and Blog Hop

You should have arrived from Scrapbook Boutique.


Here is our gorgeous mood board for July




 You can create a LO, Card, Off the Page or anything that uses the pic as your inspiration and upload to the Scrapbook Boutique  before 31st July to be in the running for a RANDOMLY CHOSEN
$30.00 STORE CREDIT
Please check the blog for conditions.

there is another way to win......

Join the BLOG HOP and leave a comment on all the DT blogs and a final on the 
Scrapbook Boutique's blog before the 17th July and you can win a 
$10.00 STORE CREDIT

the list in order in case you get lost!

Scrapbook Boutique
Angela ( that's me)

Here is my take on the challenge.




I was inspired by the grey and white tones of the inspiration board.  I used the Mudra Mendhika stamp set.  I wanted something long and swirly to create a border for the corner of the card.  I fussy cut around the shape ( while silently praising matching dies!!!)  When I added the grey to the card, it looked a little boring so I just scored a few lines to create the pattern and I like the the effect.  I used the Distress Ink hickory smoke which softens the card.  I had intended to make this a sympathy card, but I was watching the football and my "peace and comfort" stamp either crossed over the "Y" or touched my border!! So I  scoured all my stamps for something appropriate and used the add on from the Many Mandalas Stamp Set.

Craft room has had it's first coat of paint and new lights and DH had stepped up with the planning!! He has taped out the desk and shelves and electrical outlets! I'm just so excited!







thank you for popping in and now off to the gorgeous Ann's blog xx

Mudra - Mendhika clear stamp
Concord & 9th Many Mandalas
Distress ink Hickory Smoke
Score Board
scissors
Bazzill Cardstock Sugar Wafer 
white cardstock
acrylic blocks



10 comments:

Helen said...

I love the scored lines on your background piece, Angela! It just adds that extra something to you elegant CAS card! The craft room looks wonderful! Congratulations!

Linda said...

Love the design of your card Ang and how exciting to be getting your new craft room - woohoo!

kathy s said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing and so excited for you for your new craft room lucky you.

Ann said...

Love your take on this month's board Angela - and love the sharing of your craft room reno. Good luck with it all - a very special place is being created:)

Ann said...

Not sure if this posted first time, so forgive if it repeats:(

Love your take on this month's mood board Angela - and the scored lines do make such a difference. What an interesting design feature! thanks for sharing your craft reno/development - such a happy place is being created!

Cathy said...

Fantastic card, and such a clever design! Love the scoring and the colours you chose. Your craft room really looks like it's progressing! Look forward to seeing the finished space! Congrats, Cathy x

frommycraftroom said...

What a great card. Love the effect of the score lines.

Thanks for sharing the pics of your craft space - lucky you.

Gab said...

Such a great card Angela. And good luck with your new craft room! How fun!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is AWESOME!

Carolyn said...

Wow such a stunning clean and simple card, with some great and clever elements